Fire and Protective Services
Wishing You Happy and Fire-Safe Holidays from MLFD
Meadow Lake Fire & Rescue wishes you a safe and happy Christmas season, and we invite you to review these simple tips with everyone in your family:
- Cooking and having company are a part of the holiday season, but it's important to remember to stay in the kitchen when cooking and not get distracted by visitors.
- Leaving a candle burning in an unoccupied room is a common cause of house fires. Extinguish candles when leaving the room or going to sleep.
- A natural tree is a wonderful way to celebrate a traditional Christmas, but a dried out tree can ignite instantly and turn a room into an inferno. If a tree's needles are brittle and falling off, remove the tree from the house immediately.
- Flammable materials, such as stockings or garlands, can catch on fire if allowed to hang in front of the fireplace opening. Ensure any decorations are kept a safe distance from the fire.
- Small fingers can quickly grab matches or lighters left lying on a table. With visitors coming and going, ensure matches and lighters are kept up high, away from little hands.
- Make sure that all electrical decorations, toys, space heaters and other items are in good condition and have CSA or ULC certification marks.
- Got company coming? Make sure the window in the spare room (and every bedroom) opens easily and is big enough to crawl through in order to escape from a fire.
- Don't drive while under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Check out the resources to the right for more safety ideas and information
About ML Fire and Protective Services
Meadow Lake Fire & Protective Services responds to and mitigates emergencies involving the rescue of persons, incidents of fire, unplanned releases of dangerous goods, and other emergency events. We protect the city's tax base and support economic development through inspection, prevention and enforcement. Educational programs are aimed at eliminating fire and safety hazards in the home and workplace. Department members pride themselves on providing professional, competent services to create a safe and comfortable environment for the citizens of Meadow Lake.
This website contains a growing collection of information on all of our programs, volunteer opportunities, community relations initiatives and fire safety. Please check back often, or contact us for further information.
Our mailing address is:
Meadow Lake Fire and Protective Services
120 - 1st Street East
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1Y5
2013 Fire Department
Fire Department Celebrates 80 Years
2013 marked the Fire Department's 80th year in Meadow Lake. Below are many of the past volunteers who have served the community.